Kris Putnum-Walkerly‘s blog is one of the best philanthropy blogs out there. She consistently compiles helpful information and is always on top of the latest issues.
This week Kris gives us 20 resources for finding work in philanthropy. Among them, she spotlights 7 web sites that feature job listings—some familiar names make the list. It’s great to see RAs get credit as the true connectors that they are, especially on a topic as important as job growth.
7 Websites With Foundation Job Listings
- The Council on Foundation’s Career Center provides national job listings at foundations. Anyone can search for positions, and for $25 you can post your resume (free to members).
- The Foundation Center’s Job Corner provides listings of current full-time job openings at U.S.-based foundations and nonprofit organizations. You can also search by organization type, job function, and state.
- Grantmakers Without Borders offers job listing with a focus on global issues and social change.
- Regional Associations of Grantmakers are great resources for local job listings. For example, Ohio Grantmakers Forum and Philanthropy Northwest both have job listings on their websites. The Giving Forum lists jobs available at other regional associations, and you can also search for grantmaker associations near you.
- OnPhilanthropy’s Dot.Org.Jobs site includes some foundation jobs, although primarily lists nonprofit positions
- OpportunityKnocks lists foundation and nonprofit jobs nationally. You can post a resume and also get advice through their Nonprofit Jobs Resource Center.
- If you are looking for a nonprofit position, the Donor’s Forum provides a list of over 30 websites posting nonprofit jobs.