In the latest rollout of enhancements to the Philanthropic Events Calendar (aka Philanthropy Currents), the Forum and the Council on Foundations have successfully streamed the calendar on the Forum’s site. Now it’s your turn. If you’d like to participate in the pilot group of regional associations and affinity groups interested in streaming the calendar on their own sites, please contact Dan Brady by November 12th. We are looking for a diverse group—both technical and non-technical participants and a variety of web platforms.
Since the launch of the calendar back in February, we have added more than 150 events collectively to the calendar. During this time, we also listened carefully to your constructive feedback on how to improve the user experience and made the following enhancements.
Changes to the funder network calendar include:
- Receiving an automated message once the event goes live on the Philanthropic Events Calendar
- Selecting a Time Zone for your event
- Selecting a U.S. Region for your event
- Adding the name of venue where your event will be held
Philanthropy Currents and the streaming version of the calendar also have new features. You can now:
- Sort events by Date, Name, Venue and U.S. Region
- Map your event and get directions using MapQuest™
- Print the calendar in its entirety or the individual event you’re interested in attending
If you are interested in being one of the first regional associations to stream the calendar to your site, you will receive a confirmation email when you sign up that includes a start up tool kit, including instructions on streaming the calendar to your website and marketing tools that can help promote the calendar to your members.
Within the next few weeks, we will be replacing the existing domain name for the Philanthropic Events Calendar (http://stmoss04.cof.org/default.aspx) with something more memorable. We will redirect all traffic to the new domain once it goes live and we’ll be sure to communicate with you new domain name.