With the fiscal cliff just behind us, tax reform lies ahead. Regional associations are working to protect the charitable deduction during Congress’s upcoming negotiations.
Many regional associations have sent letters to their legislators urging them to preserve the charitable deduction and prevent across the board sequestration cuts including:
Some regionals have also used their blogs to show their support of preserving the charitable deduction:
- Florida Philanthropic Network- Capping the Charitable Deduction Will Hurt Floridians & The Charitable Deduction & Tax Reform: How Should Philanthropy Respond?
- Minnesota Council on Foundations- Message to Washington: Protect the Charitable Deduction
Independent Sector organized a field letter to the President and Congress about the importance of preserving the charitable deduction and protecting programs that serve the poor. In total, more than 940 organizations have signed on including:
- Council of Michigan Foundations
- Donors Forum (Illinois)
- Grantmakers Forum of New York
- Minnesota Council on Foundations
- Ohio Grantmakers Forum
How is your regional association engaging lawmakers to protect the charitable deduction? Let us know in the comments.